Monday, February 5, 2007

Jewish view of Men and Women

I am trying to define my views for myself and also for the peace in my own family, since my husband was brought up in a very patriarchal society--so it's worth it to me to be clear in my own heart and mind on this issue of the male/female. What follows if my response to J.P.'s response to my comment:

Here is an article on the Aish website that gives some nice descriptions of Jewish view of Men and Women
If you have the time or interest, it's worth a read.
I am still trying to define for myself what just does not feel "right" about using the word childish about women. Probably because it gives a feeling of being less than--and I don't think anywhere the Torah regards women as less than men, although most definitely different! Again, enjoying reading the blog...

No comments: