Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Self Contemplation

I am going to take a moment for self-review and encouragement. I need to put things a little in perspective since, being the perfectionist that I am, I need to keep my life and my actions in perspective.
To myself:
For the events of the last few years, I am doing pretty well. In the past seven years (since 1999), I have:
  1. graduated from a four-year Institute, receiving a BA equivalent in a foreign language, in a foreign country
  2. moved to Russia and back TWO times (I am talking full out moving, not visiting); so that makes 4 international moves--3 of which I was pregnant for
  3. I have gotten married (including meeting my future spouse-courtship, etc)
  4. we have gone through three pregnancies, three births (ranging from medical c-section to vbac, to unassisted home birth--that last wasn't officially planned!)
  5. have been baptised in the Russian Orthodox church, then am currently in the process of returning to my birthright: Judaism
  6. have lived in countless different living-spaces from apartment to garage to other places I don't feel like sharing at the moment;
  7. been a stay-at-home-mom with three toddlers, and now am working full time.
During this time I have been blonde twice, reddish-haired many times, and natural dark-brown a couple.
My children have changed childcare and schools almost every 3-6 months.

Okay? Now, where am I?

I am still married, living in a stable situation (G-d willing that such a situation should continue), returning to Judaism with my three children (G-d willing, we are all in good health), working, praying, looking for the newest way forward.

I was thinking of putting a mezuzah on our front doorway.
What do you think of that?

2 comments:

Maven said...

thanks for your comment on my blog, nice to "meet" you!

i'm glad my writing could make you feel a little better about yourself.

i think your post is interesting - through all your "instability" you're still okay.

good for you for being a stay-at-home mommy!

p.s. i vote for the mezuza!

Dan Balsamo said...

As I was reading your self-review blog, I was inspired by the thought of you having all the courage to have done all these. Seems a perfect way to go through life's stages.

It's really nice to sometimes just sit in a corner and begin to write about yourself, just like what you did, self-review. This way, you'd backtrack to the things you've done and take a look at where you are now. And if you see that you are still one whole and brave person as you are, you could say that you have done nothing wrong and there's nothing to regret.

I'd love to write one for myself too. I would.

Mel Balsamo
JRomances.com